Skip to main content

Old Posts... Gone But Never Forgotten

Hey everyone, unfortunately my fickle young heart has deleted my original blog and I lost most of my posts. I was able to retrieve some thru wayback website so posting them here as an honour. 

Something stays the same though, my heart still wants to write... so you'll hear more. I've been writing since I am in gradeschool (as part of the school paper - an extra curricular I kept all the way thru to college). I even joined the newsletter team of the company on my first job, and has been blogging about movies as a hobby (which allowed me to see the latest movies). This really is my passion, and I thank God for it and for you for reading the words I get to string together.

Thank you very much for sticking around. 

Thursday, October 15, 2014

Je Suis Reconnaissant

For most of the Bible-related Facebook pages I follow, the theme has been consistent these past few weeks. They always remind me to have a thankful heart. It is easy to have a thankful heart if you get what you want. But, how about when things are NOT happening according to what you want? Will you still be able to say, yep "I am thankful today"?


Personal Journey

I've had my recent share of asking and waiting for so long and being thankful during the process and when I finally got what I am asking for. For over a year, I've been away from the love of my life. He migrated to Australia and I lodged my visa application soon after so I can follow him to the land down under. But the approval of my visa did not happen fast, it has been slow. As in it was ten months slow. I know, I know... others had it worse but for my whole adult life Nikko has been my rock and we were never away from each for so long. Ten months of waiting is torture.

Waiting Game

I love organizing files so when we lodged my visa application, I was all focused and enjoying the process because it's all about filing. More like making a scrap book of our relationship. It was fun but not until we submitted the docs to our agent. There was a bit of confusion and it became difficult. I don't want to go into details but we had a rough start and then when all docs were fixed, the waiting started and that's when the emotional turmoil happened.


I was literally saying every end of month for ten months that my visa will be approved the next month. That's what I say to myself, my family and friends. I say the same thing even if it does not make sense anymore. I mean, come on! I just told you last month it'll be approved this month but nothing positive arrived. But I still say the same thing, despite of what I feel and what I see. I stayed focused because, really what choice do I have?

Friday, August 21, 2014

Roller Coaster Ride of Life

How do you prepare for a roller coaster ride? Do you prepare physically by hanging yourself upside down to have a feel of it? Or, do you prepare mentally by sitting still and imagining it all in your head? What if you did any of the two or even both options, do you think you will still go? 

Will the likelihood of you actually riding the roller coaster be higher if you just went for it at first thought and just deal with it during the ride? Whew! That's scary.


In Life

I guess, at my age (going 27 y/o), "going for it" is already a very risky option. I have a lot of things to consider. But it does not mean that I will never take risks, besides what is life without a little bit of adventure.

Monday, August 17, 2015

[Music] Planetshakers: Live in Manila 2015

When I learned that Planetshakers will be in Manila, I was not very keen to book tickets because I have other expectations for that time frame of their concert. However, I think I'm really meant to watch their concert as it became suddenly clear that I can actually attend so I booked tickets right away.

I should be honest though that I had a bit of a dilemma as their concert was scheduled so close to Zedd's True Colors concert in Manila, and watching Zedd live is part of my bucket list too. But, priorities. I was happy with my choice! Maybe next time, Zedd!

Planetshakers: Live in Manila
Smart Araneta Coliseum | August 13 & 14, 2015

Friday, August 7, 2015

[Book Thoughts] Marissa Mayer and the Fight to Save Yahoo! by Nicholas Carlson

I saw this book 'Marissa Mayer and the Fight to Save Yahoo!' by Nicholas Carlson while lining up to get my tix for Charli XCX concert in Manila. To say that I did not intend to get this book is a actually a fact, because I only got interested with it's full purple glory. But what the heck, I'd read it anyways.

The book cover

So This Is Not About Marissa

Having worked for two tech giants, I am a bit familiar with some of the who's who of the tech world including Marissa Mayer. I've heard her name when she was still in Google but really got interested when she moved to be the CEO of Yahoo in July 2012.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Movie] Almost Famous

Thoughts About Puzzle

I Won A Round Trip Ticket to Philippines