And, I am back! Did you miss me? Is someone reading this? :) I've been in a hiatus for a while because I had to deal with "life" for the past month but I have to have this post to thank you all for visiting my page regularly, or even those who just google things and ending up reading my blog cause heelsandjeeps.blogspot.com officially hit 10,000 views (and counting!). Thank you so much!
Actually, that number is not that big compared to other blogs but for me who really enjoys sharing some of my thoughts and end up having those views without even the need to is such an accomplishment. You can check the lower-right corner of this page to see the page counter if you don't believe me. *wink*
10 Significant 10,000s of this World
So as a way to thank you, let me share 10 significant 10,000s of this world. This is for your own knowledge nugget that may be able to help you win "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" or "The Chase". Who knows?
1) Hours of Practice: In the book Outliers by author Malcolm Gladwell, it says that it takes roughly ten thousand hours of practice to achieve mastery in a field. (Source: www.wisdomgroup.com )
2) Steps A Day for Better Health: One study found that women who increased their step count to nearly 10,000 steps a day reduced their blood pressure after 24 weeks. Another study of overweight women found that walking 10,000 steps a day improved their glucose level. (Source: www.livescience.com )
3) In Anatomy: Each neuron may be connected to up to 10,000 other neurons, passing signals to each other via as many as 1,000 trillion synaptic connections, equivalent by some estimates to a computer with a 1 trillion bit per second processor. (Source: www.human-memory.net )
4) In Scientific Units: The equivalent of 10,000 square metres is one hectare. (Source: www.metric-conversions.org )
5) In Zoology: It says that there are approximately 10,000 species of birds. (Source: www.10000birds.com )
6) In Time Conversion: 10,000 days is equivalent to 864,000,000 seconds or 14,400,000 minutes or 240,000 hours or 1428 weeks (Source: www.metric-conversions.org )
7) In States: 'Land of 10,000 Lakes' is the nickname of Minnesota. In fact, there are 11,842 lakes that are 10 acres or more. Depending on one's definition of a lake, we have seen numbers as high as 15,000. Minnesota's license plates display the legend "10,000 Lakes." (Source: www.netstate.com )
8) In Athletics: 10,000 metres, 10 kilometres, 10 km, or 10K (6.2 miles) is the final standard track event in a long-distance track event and a distance in other racing events such as running, cycling and skiing. (Source: www.wikipedia.org)
9) In Geography: The Ten Thousand Islands are a labyrinth of water and mangroves islets off the coast of southwest Florida The islands harbor an abundance of life, and the shallows serve as nursery grounds for countless marine species. (Source: www.nps.gov )
10) In Movies: 10,000 BC is a movie about a prehistoric epic that follows a young mammoth hunter's journey through uncharted territory to secure the future of his tribe. (Source: www.imdb.com)
So there, I hope you learned something! :) Or if you got bored, just browse on this blog for other topics. Haha!
Here's to the next 10,000 pageviews! Yay!