Simara Island Escape

I've gone beaching. And now, I am back! I have a few travel posts I should share (i.e. Puerto Galera, South Korea, Quezon Province, etc.) but I would skip those for now and fast forward to sharing my most recent trip to Simara Island in Romblon, Philippines. Better make it fresh!


How To Get There

Simara Island, Municipality of Corcuera was named after the Spanish governor-general Sebastián Hurtado de Corcuera who ruled the Philippines from 1635 to 1644. Actually, the island is shaped like a hook thus it's name, Simara which was derived from the local word sima, meaning "hook".

Source: Google Maps

There are a couple of ways to reach Simara Island but I recommend the one I took which is via Odiongan. Here's the complete list of ways to get there:

Source: Tourism Corcuera

Fish Port of Calatrava

Port of Simara Island (AM)

Port of Simara Island (PM)

Byaheng Simara, Byaheng Masaya!

Corcuera local government is promoting tourism in the island and they have the tagline Byaheng Simara, Byaheng Masaya! I've been to Simara Island many times before because my fiance was born and raised there, however it's my first time to go there alone. And for this latest visit of mine, I've learned that there a lot of new places to visit.








Water is so clear, I was able to use my GoPro dome to take a lot of shots

I was not able to go to the more secluded beaches of the island such as Guinrang-an, Colong-Colong and Mahaba Beach. I've been to those beaches in my previous visits and I love them both. They are beautiful.

However, this trip of mine is not short of beach swimming as I stayed in Poblacion area which is literally walking distance from the more open access beach of the island. No entrance fee, no cottage needed. Just your self and sunblock for your skin.

I've stayed in the island for a week and almost everyday I had an after-breakfast swim. 

A life I could not complain about. See you again soon, Simara.

xx, Belle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Movie] Almost Famous

Thoughts About Puzzle

I Won A Round Trip Ticket to Philippines