Free MAC Lipstick

Hi everyone!

I would like to share with you my very pleasant experience scoring a FREE Mac Lipstick last Saturday. Did i say free, yep! No catch, no purchase required.


Leading up to the weekend, I keep seeing post from Australian news outlets that Mac Cosmetics is giving away free lipstick for the National Lip Stick day. My rule of thumb on catchy online post is to always, always check the comment section 'cause this is where you will see the fine prints and catch revealed because real people comment, and I’ve seen someone saying that it’s US only and during that day there’s no official word from MAC Australia… until Friday came and MAC Australia actually announced it on their Instagram which is pretty legit. 


I know it will all be a long line, but I couldn’t resist not getting into the fun, and honestly… a bullet of MAC lippie is $36 a pop. Why would’nt I want that. Lucky for me my place is walking distance from James Street which is popularfood & shopping area, and I know there’s David Jones and MAC Cosmetics store there. I did my homework, I checked what time the stores open and set in my mind I should be there around 7AM if I want to get the goods.


photo courtesy of rebloggy

Saturday came, and I woke up 8. Bummer! But I already planned my day for a light breakfast at home and a nice coffee around James Street so off I go with my very supportive (he just wants coffee) husband with a hope that I’ll still get into the fun. We’ve had coffee at MERLO coffee shop, which is just across David Jones and I think 15 min before 9AM no one is lining up so I was thinking maybe they will not be doing it in my area? But it says every MAC Store and David Jones. Sooo? 


Before 9AM, we finished our coffee and all set to go back home and I’m a little bit sad, but I saw a line in the MAC store which is few shops away from David Jones. I do know that David Jones carry MAC but I am unsure why they didn’t have this offering? I am guessing its due to the proximity of an actual MAC Store.


So le hubby was like, let’s go cause we are here anyways so off we went to the end of the line. It was quite funny cause we were at the end of line and just followed people and it felt like the line is not stopping. We stood in line for approx 30 minutes which was not bad at all given that I took home two lippies that day. Yes, one I got cause I signed up a little MAC Form and my husband also did. There’s a couple of supportive boyfriends ahead of us in the line and they all went out with lippies as well so Nikko was like, what the heck I’ll get one for you too! And he lined up too.


So when we were in the store, there’s a bunch of MAC testers and the staff took away the sold out ones (I was holding a nude one when she said, sorry we don’t have that anymore which was sad :() but I got a carman rouge and Nikko got brown cause the others ones are green and blue and violet, and I can’t do that.


I was triggered to post my experience because I saw a couple of articles saying that they got disappointed as MAC did not deliver. To be fair to MAC, they did hold their word at least in my area. I may be singing this tune cause I got myself free lippies but they did say that they will give it *until supplies last* and that I actually lined up at risk knowing I might not get one. I don’t discount the experience of others who didn't get any despite lining up early, but I think giving credit where credit is due is also in order. I got a free MAC lipstick with no catch, and at least in my experience it was true.


A couple of notes to share on this experience

  • Know your area. I was fortunate to live near James Street. But knowing that there’s David Jones and MAC Store there, I did not research well if David Jones or MAC or both will offer. I just thought for sure atleast one will. I won’t take much risk if I had to drive there though. I would even ring the store and ask. Nothing wrong with asking cause MAC offered it anyways
  • Line up early! I would’ve gotten my preferred nude color if was atleast 10 or 15 minutes earlier (again, I lined at 9AM which is very late considering the store opens at 9AM).
  • Follow the rules.Though there’s not catch per se, I still followed IG page and filled out the form. This is the least we can do.
  • Bring your boyfie (if they want to). I’ve read in one article that they won’t give one to your bf/hubby cause you had to try the lipstick. No, they didn’t ask us. My husband lined up with me for 30 minutes. We were handed a form to fill-out. He filled it out and got one. If they said he cant take one, we wont complain either.
  • Enjoy the experience. Again, it’s $36 per lipstick (close to 1500 pesos). My fave lippies are $5 each (Colourpop) and I’ve only had one  MAC lipstick (though I do swear by their MAC Studio Powder). 

xx, Belle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Won A Round Trip Ticket to Philippines

Work From Home (Extended Edition)

Thoughts About Puzzle