Work From Home (Extended Edition)

Our work from home set-up at work has been extended once again. We started working from March-2020, so it is going almost two years now. Though we've been back to office in some form in between, WFH seems like a permanent fixture in most of office life now.

I actually started working from home even before Covid. After my maternity leave, I went back to work full time in 2018 but I requested if I can do the WFH set-up twice a week which my manager at that time agreed upon. I am really thankful about that, but it does came with challenges (as we now all know as we are all doing the same set-up). However, at that time I have an additional layer of challenge, I actually got anxious thinking people might say I was not working when at home (lol) which I can say hand on my heart is not true, even so I can say I work even more when at home. 


By the way, in the period pre-Covid that I've been doing work at home, never have I ever received any feedback from my manager about me not working so my thoughts are unfounded, but my overthinking self has prevailed, unfortunately.

Then fast forward to 2020, everyone in our office has to do it! I was so far ahead. I have a set-up at home all going and didn't need to fill-out the remote work set-up form cause I already did back then. Suddenly, the anxiety of people thinking I might not be actually doing any work burst cause everyone is on the same set-up as I am. What a twist.

I do want to slap my (past self's) face though cause it took a pandemic for that anxiety to be removed, when in fact I know with myself I am delivering what I needed to deliver in or outside of office (within reasonable working hours ;)).

So to working from home but not overthinking it.

xx, Belle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Won A Round Trip Ticket to Philippines

Thoughts About Puzzle