There's Still Good In News

While everyone was still on that limbo week of "what day is it again" around the end of December last year, a pneumonia of unknown cause was reported in Wuhan, China . Less than a month after and at the start of 2020, it became a world's concern as cases started showing in other parts of the world, and in February this coronavirus disease was named as COVID-19. By March, it was declared a pandemic (Source: WHO).

It has literally changed the world overnight, and though it is still an on-going situation, we all know the world will never be the same again after this.

As this was unfolding, I remember being so engrossed with the stories / news that I keep checking  online for any updates and all news related to it. It went on for a week like that for me that when one weekend arrived, I made a decision to choose what I read wisely as it is not really helping the situation anymore, and even causes me anxiety.

However, and until now, as I scroll thru updates I made a conscious decision to read any article that shares any good news (no matter how big or small) despite but related to the virus. It is a tragic situation overall, but the good news should not be left unnoticed.

Let me share those I came across (click on the titles below for the source article).


In Mindanao in the Philippines, Dr. Miguel De Leon spotted the rare bird that has never been photographed in fledgling state before. It was around the time of the lockdowns.

As if the privacy is all they needed, the two pandas in a Hong Kong Zoo (on a lockdown) finally mated after ten years of trying.

It was noted that potentially due to less pollutionn (again, due to lock downs in place), the mountain range of Himalayas is now visible from some parts of India.


This one we have particularly experienced. During our walks with our toddler, we would be on a look-out on our neigbourhood's window 'cause most of them has stuffed toy waiting to be spotted. It's a nice activity on the only "outing" we can do during this time of social isolation.

This one has no related article, however I've seen comments on online readings I've encountered of people "going back" to God during this time. It's particularly close to my heart.


I hope you find them uplifting as much as I do. If you have good news to share, let me know! 

xx, Belle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Won A Round Trip Ticket to Philippines

Work From Home (Extended Edition)

Thoughts About Puzzle