Second Thursday of 2021

It is so unreal that we are now almost at the end of January 2021. This feels like a long but quick month - if you know what I mean.

I mean US changed president, collective small fishes took over big fishes in Wall Street, QLD opened to NSW, and so on. A lot happened!

Personally, this month is the month of big changes for us. Back in November, in one of my long chats with a friend, we have both been excited about January just because we are aware of big changes in our lives about to happen on this month. We have simply declared it is God's appointed time and just trusted God's will on whatever will happen.

And it has arrived. To be exact, on 14th of January, three major things happened that if they actually happened on different times my anxiety would shoot thru the roof. However, as they all happened at the same day, anxiety was not given a space on that day cause there's too many to do/check/look after that I simply don't have time to be anxious - and why would I be, of all the days, they happened in one day without us intending to sooo must be God's appointed time indeed. He knows me too well to not give me a window to be anxious.

On the second Thursday of the new year of 2021, we moved to our new house, my son started in childcare, and my mother finally got home to the Philippines (from here in AU). Yes, all in one day.

It's weird sharing these things here as I have only shared all these to people I see/talk to regularly. I am not comfortable sharing such every time, but I want to remember this day/month as what I can only declare after all this is HOW GOOD OUR GOD IS.

In the practical, it sounds so ridiculous for us to let all these events happen on the same day, however it was actually out of our control that they did.

  • We originally were hoping to move into the new place in December 2020, but some delays in the paperwork as well as office holiday shut downs has led us to have a move day of the 14th.
  • My son's original first day in childcare was supposed to be Monday of that week, but our city was put into a three-day lock down so the childcare centre was closed on his supposed first day, thus making the 14th his first day.
  • And, my mother's flight was booked before all of these things were known to us.

Yes, it sounded like it could go south very quickly but as my theme song for that day goes - God is In Control of that day, and how good was it that I felt rested on one of the most pivotal days of my adult life.

A Thankful Heart

And with God's habit of leaving as in awe every time, everything went smoothly that day and more!

Our move was quick. Our supposed last day at our rental was the 13th, but we were actually given two days of extension allowing us to move with no hassle on the 14th and had the rental place cleaned the next day. We got our full rental bond! I am still in awe with the fact that God has exactly aligned our move-out date with our move-in day thus making us not pay any excess.

My son's first day at the centre went well. He was settled and he completed the whole day session with awesome updates from the educators, thus reassuring us of our right choice on the centre. We were honestly worried we will be asked to pick him up earlier as he was never away from any of us - myself, my husband or my mum for a long time but he braved on and actually came out with a sudden rich vocabulary! Read more about it here.

And, lastly my mother was given provision on free accomodation / transport / food on her 14-day quarantine upon arrival. As my mom is not a returning OFW, her spot is not secured and there was a potential that we needed to book her hotel privately. However, on the day of her arrival, there's not a lot of returnees thus giving her a slot! Favoured, indeed! Read more about it here..

A Day To Remember

Aside from the fact that this day has full of family milestones, I will forever remember this day as the day that God proven once again, He has covered all things even those we have not think about. He definitely go before us, after us, and with us. He is in control.

xx, Belle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Won A Round Trip Ticket to Philippines

Work From Home (Extended Edition)

Thoughts About Puzzle