Impostor Syndrome

Impostor Syndrome - a term I came across and have always thought to be applicable in working/corporate life settings until it finally clicked on me that actually, I think that’s what I am feeling lately about my Christianity.

Impostor syndrome (also known as impostor phenomenon, impostorism, fraud syndrome or the impostor experience) is a psychological pattern in which an individual doubts their skills, talents or accomplishments and has a persistent internalised fear of being exposed as a "fraud".

To clarify...
  • No, I don’t doubt my God.
  • No, I don’t doubt my faith.
What I doubt though is if I’m actually a fraud in claiming that I am a Christian.
  • Do I know all sections of the Bible?
  • Do I know every worship song there is?
  • Do I do everything a “good Christian” would be doing?
The answer to the above is, NO. But does that mean I am a fraud?

These thoughts has unfortunately caused me to hold back in sharing anything about my faith more. Yes, I would occasionally share a milestone and attribute it all to God, but you know what He is my God even on my small moments / darkest moments.

Sooo... I am sharing this blogpost to let you know that.

xx, Belle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Won A Round Trip Ticket to Philippines

Work From Home (Extended Edition)

Thoughts About Puzzle