It Is Your Story To Tell


Two years ago while high on gas (nitrous oxide) screaming & grunting in between enduring the labour pains, I was telling the mid-wife looking after me that I think her boyfriend should put a ring on her. In my defence,  I was "high". 

During that period, I also paused and made a deal with God. And, that is to write for HIS glory. I just smiled and agreed. I've never felt peace like that before, but my heart still sends a flow of joy into my veins whenever I remember that moment. 

Fast forward to today, the human in me had not fulfilled the end of that deal.

Checkpoints

He has checked on me about this agreement of ours three times in the span of two years. One was when I attended a women's conference with different speakers talking about the same theme - your story is only yours to tell. I was like, noted! I'll share mine soon enough. Then nothing came out of that.

The second one was when I led the word study for our life group discussing the story of Simon The Sorcerer from the bible (Acts 8:9–24). In that, my mind was focused on relaying the message of how we see God's gift, however, He has lead us that day to instead discuss what is the significance of "Holy Spirit" to us and in its true fashion, that same higher being reminded me of our deal and that it is He who will "write". But no, I have not done any writing still.

Here Again

And as the song Here Again by Elevation Worship says, "will you meet me here again" my heart longed to fulfill my end of that discussion we've had - not because I feel like I have to, but because my heart longs for the same peace I have felt on that very moment two years ago.


Then, COVID-19 came. The social distancing / isolation has birthed to ample of time (my number one excuse), and it's just me and my voice waiting to be heard (err, written). God is like, what's your excuse now, talitha?

So here I am busting the Macbook that has been a glorified "work" computer for my son when he wants to use our work laptop, and typing the words away with no other aim than to share my voice not letting it be drowned by my fear and anxiety.

Join me as I write the musings of an older millenial / married woman / first time (and working) mom.

Shall we start?

xx, Belle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Won A Round Trip Ticket to Philippines

Work From Home (Extended Edition)

Thoughts About Puzzle